Monday, February 18, 2008

"I saw her, as beautiful as a dove, rising up over streams of water; the fragrance of her clothes was immeasurable." --Vesperae s. Lucae

True to my consecration to Jesus through Mary, I was praying to the Virgin before going up to receive Him in the Eucharist that she prepare me to receive her Son. I prayed she would receive Him for me as she received Him from the Father for all of mankind at her Annunciation. I prayed to Mary, God's most perfect creature, that she might enclose my weak vessel with hers that is most perfect; that she would hold for me the most abundant graces God gives us through the Eucharist.

When I rose to go to communion, my senses were filled with the fragrance of flowers. It was very strong and very beautiful, lasting until I returned to my seat. There were no flowers in the church, and when I asked my friends they said they did not smell anything.

No comments: