Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"And the chief priests plotted to kill Lazarus too, because many of the Jews were turning away and believing in Jesus because of him" --John 12:11

In doing the good work, and spreading Christ's love to people, we too become targeted by the devil for destruction. However, we must always trust in the Lord: "Though an army encamp against me, my heart will not fear; Though war be waged upon me, even then will I trust...I believe that I shall see the bounty of the Lord in the land of the living" (Psalm 27:3,13). For the rejoicing in heaven over even one lost sheep returned home is well worth whatever suffering is encountered!

In living out the Theology of the Body in our daily lives, through commitment to the Lord, chastity, and truely loving, we, like Lazarus, call people to return to their Bridegroom and taste of His banquet. We image the likeness of God, making His presence hear on earth even more tangible, which Satan does not like. Satan seeks to destroy this image through lust, hatred of fertility and unforgiveness; we must seek refuge in the joy of our God and persevere. For He tells us,

"I, the Lord, have called you for the victory of justice, I have grasped you by the hand; I formed you, and set you as a covenant of the people, a light for the nations, To open the eyes of the blind, to bring out prisoners from confinement, and from the dungeon, those who live in darkness." (Isaiah 42:6-7)

2 comments:

Peter Syski said...

(you spelled "chief" wrong)
-Pete =)

Adequate Anthropologist said...

(thank you pete!)